We can now reveal the 8 men who will be taken part on the second ever THUNDERBASTARD match this Sunday at CHAPTER 20: BEYOND THUNDERBASTARD at the Electric Ballroom in Camden (SOLD OUT in 21 minutes, potential returns via our Twickets microsite here). The winner of the match will get a shot at the PROGRESS title at a show in the future, choosing when to have their shot in advance. Winning the match in 2014 kicked off a huge year for Will Ospreay, who will win it this year?
Taking part will be:
Former PROGRESS Champion EL LIGERO, alongside his cohort in THE ORIGIN, fellow former PROGRESS Champion NATHAN CRUZ.
There’s another former PROGRESS Champion in the might RAMPAGE BROWN, along with former number one contender MARTY SCURLL.
Perennial fan favourite (and former PROGRESS Tag Team Champion) EDDIE DENNIS is our fifth competitor, and MARK HASKINS – who had an excellent showing in the Super Strong Style 16 tournament – is number six.
Our final two competitors are stand-outs from the PROGRESS ProJo Training School: DAMON MOSER, former colleague of El Ligero and Cruz until they cast him to one side; and TOM IRVIN, one half of the GZRS and no doubt ready to grasp his chance to impress on his main show début.
This massive Thunderbastard match joins five other HUGE matches on Sunday:
* PROGRESS CHAMPION JIMMY HAVOC vs Number 1 Contender WILL OSPREAY in a no disqualification match for the PROGRESS Title, with THE LONDON RIOTS at ringside.
* PROGRESS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE SUMERIAN DEATH SQUAD (Tommy End and Michael Dante) defending their titles against Number 1 Contenders LEE and JIM HUNTER.
* DAVE MASTIFF and NOAM DAR look to settle their differences that have been bubbling over during the last few months.
* Our first NATURAL PROGRESSION SERIES III quarter final match with GZRS member SEBASTIAN taking on DAMIEN DUNNE.
* And a fast-paced four way match between “FLASH” MORGAN WEBSTER, BUBBLEGUM, “WILD BOAR” MIKE HITCHMAN and KYLE ASHMORE.
It’s going to be bloody awesome. WE CANNOT WAIT!
Jim, Jon and Glen
This. Is. PROGRESS.